Saturday, October 27, 2007

K12 Online conference

I went to the K12Online conference Fireside chat on Saturday October 20. I have to say that I feel a bit like a voyeur listening to so many people that are knowledgeable in the tech field. I was a little hesitant to participate but explained that I'm a newbie just trying to learn as much as I can. The chat was led by Clarence Fisher and Alan Levine. Lots of good discussion. Talked some about Second Life, innovateonline, trailfire. Unfortunately we lost power for about 20 minutes so I missed the last of the chat. I find myself wishing I had a lot more time to check out all the resources that are mentioned. I've been listening to several of the presentations. All good stuff. This conference is such a great networking and educational tool.

1 comment:

Mrs. Parsons said...

Good for you for participating, it is hard to jump in when you feel less knowledgeable, but almost always worthwhile. Your comment about wishing you had more time to check out all of the resources, this is a dilema that we all face as we enter this information age, just another reason that we must educate our students to organize and filter the material they have access to.