Saturday, October 27, 2007

K12 Online Conference

Here's my second blog about the K12 Online conference. I went into the chat When Night Fall Begins around 1 pm EST today (Saturday, October 27. There were only a couple of us there beside the moderator. Showed a lot of people there but they apparently had stepped away. It took the moderator awhile to figure that out. I think it was Bobbi Stevens. We chatted for awhile about where I am on the continuum of tech ed. He also talked with me abit about podcasting. I still need to accomplish that task. Going to work on that as soon as I post this blog. He had several great sites to recommend. The interesting thing is that this is all being recorded so even when there are only a couple of people you want to have some type of discussion. I hope to go online once more today before the Red Sox game comes on. There are several important aspects of the K12 Online conference. The first of course is having the ability to not only listen to great presenters but also to actually have an opportunity to chat with them. I also love the fact that you can go in and listen to the presentations whenever you want. this has been very important to me this fall because of my schedule. I still have lots of them to read. And of course, the most important aspect are all the great connections to be made. The networking is endless. Everyone is very helpful and so anxious to share their knowledge and enthusiasm. Jeff, thanks for bringing this conference to our attention.

No comments: