Friday, November 30, 2007

Traveling


In the last few years we have begun to explore different parts of the US. Some trips have been part of a business trip. We've been to San Francisco twice. Beautiful area. We drove north on Route 1. That trip brings a whole new meaning to the term white knuckle. The views were breathtaking. We've been to DC a couple of times. Lots of walking. I wish I had had my digital camera on those trips because it would have been easier to share photos. Two years ago we flew into Las Vegas and took a road trip to Zion, Bryce, Lake Powell, the Grand Canyon, Flagstaff, Sedona and back to Vegas. Last year we flew into Vegas and went to Zion, Bryce, Jackson Hole, Salt Lake City, Yellowstone, Mt. Rushmore and ended in Denver. Lots of miles and lots of pictures. So far, the most inspiring place we have visited is Bryce. It is one of the most spiritual places I have been. I would love to go back and actually hike to the bottom of some of the canyons. Probably will never happen but it is a dream of mine. If you have never been there, I highly recommend it. I actually was more impressed with Bryce than the Grand Canyon. Of course when we visited the Grand Canyon there were huge forest fires on the north rim and the canyon was full of smoke. I've included just one picture of Bryce. I scanned it in since again I didn't own a digital camera at the time we visited.

Hope you all have safe travels.

No comments: